Solar Power Options for Homeowners
- Solar Thermal Power After your air conditioning and cooling system, your home’s electric hot water heater is the next largest user of energy. By replacing it with a solar hot water heater, you’ll save thousands of dollars and instantly reduce electric consumption by as much as 30%.
- Photovoltaic Solar Known as Going off the Grid a PV solar system will completely eliminate your existing power bill.
- Solar Attic Turbine Ventilates and cools your attic – all without costing a dime of additional electricity. Alone, a solar attic turbine will save you 10%- 12% of your average monthly electric bill.
- Solar Pool Systems Solar energy is free, there are no fuel costs. The system is virtually maintenance free and is covered with a non-prorated, 10-year panel warranty including freeze protection. You will simply enjoy the benefits of a heated pool, free from ongoing expense.
Florida: The Perfect State for Solar Products!
Since 2005, residential electric rates in Florida have gone up 33%-50% — leaving many homeowners with electric bills double or triple the price they were a decade ago. Florida’s per capita residential electricity demand is among the highest in the country due to high air conditioning use in the hot summer months & the widespread use of electricity for home heating during winter months. And virtually every year state regulators in Tallahassee grant Florida power companies a substantial portion of the huge rate increases that they request.
Effect of a 10% rate hike on average monthly electric bills
The United States imports much of our oil from countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other parts of the Middle East and these countries have no reason to keep the price of their oil low. In fact, the deepening world energy crisis will hit the United States hardest of all, because where as we comprise only 5% of the globe’s population, we consume 26% of the world’s available energy.
The Federal Government Offers Huge Financial Incentives Directly to Homeowners
There’s never been a better time to invest in solar equipment for your home because a 30% federal tax credit is being given on solar improvements to your home.
- Obtaining Clean, Renewable Energy from the Sun is Free
- You Will Save Money on Your Monthly Electric Bills
- You will Earn Tremendous Tax Credits from the Federal Government
Solar Water Heating Solutions From RHEEM
High efficiency and low energy costs
- SolPak™ Active Systems
- SolPak™ Gas Systems
- SolPak™ Open Loop Systems
- Solaraide™ Passive Systems
- and more!
Solar Water Heating
Rheem Solaraide Series 80 gallon or 120 gallon solar tanks
- Closed loop glycol design
- Single and double collector systems Included: Solaraide™ HE tank, collectors, controller, adjustable pump, mixing valve, glycol solution, thermal expansion tank (for glycol loop)
- Sold separately: 18 AGW sensor wire, tilt mount kits(consult factory for mounting options)
- OG-300 Certification by SRCC (Pending on RS80-40BP model)
The Heat Exchanger Tank
- All models have at least 40 gallons of hot water storage at all times
- Double wall heat exchanger – copper tubing wrap-around design
- Single element backup heating source
- 3/4″ Water and collector loop connections
- Flat plate design mounting options
- Black paint absorber coating
- OG-100 certified by SRCC
Universal Solaraide Series
SolPak Featuring a Gas Assist Heat Exchange Tank Series
Energy Producing Photovoltaic System
High Efficiency Multicrystal Photovoltaic Modules
Kyocera’s MyGenTM Systems are convenient and comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) power equipment packages designed for residential grid tied applications. Seven packages are offered, ranging from 2520W STC to 15120 STC, that use the KD 210 module in a variety of PV array configurations. Each package is pre-engineered to optimize system performance and meet applicable NEC codes and requirements. All major PV system components, disconnects and grounding equipment are included, with 1 year of free web based monitoring.
Pre-Engineered For Seamless Integration & Optimized Performance
The MyGen System’s quality components and detailed installation, operation and maintenance manual makes it easy to install. The systems are modular and fully expandable for future upgrades. The MyGen System is a truly complete solar solution for any home or small commercial application.
MyGen Systems are compatible with a wide variety of roof types and materials and are quick and easy to install. MyGen features solar modules integrated into arrays that can be sized to meet a wide range of power requirements for maximum flexibility. MyGen Systems include all the components needed for a complete installation.
Kyocera’s advanced cell processing technology and automated production facilities produce a highly efficient multicrystal photovoltaic module. The conversion efficiency of the Kyocera solar cell is over 16%. These cells are encapsulated between a tempered glass cover and a pottant with back sheet to provide efficient protection from the severest environment conditions. The entire laminate is installed in an anodized aluminum frame to provide structural strength and ease of installation.
The Complete MyGen System Model KD210GX-LPU
Attic Venting Key Concepts
Attic ventilation is an important aspect of maintaining the structure of your home as well as saving energy. Improper attic venting can lead to moisture buildup that can cause mold growth and also cause wood rot. The key to proper attic ventilation is to create continuous air circulation throughout the attic space while preventing moisture from entering. In an ideal venting system, air should enter the attic from the eaves or soffits and escape outside at the roofs ridge.
Solar Attic Fans Work With Your Existing Passive Vents
If you’ve ever been in your attic, you know just hot the space can get, especially in summer months. The sun beats down on the roof surface and heats up the stagnant air inside the attic. Building codes require homes to have a passive vent system. But, passive ventilation does not provide the pressure needed to force the air through the attic and outside. That’s where a motorized fan comes in. An attic fan placed at the roofs ridge will pull air in from outside, force it to move through the entire attic space and escape through the attic vent. In summer months, a solar attic fan can reduce the temperature in an attic by up to 40°F!
Solar Attic Fans Operate Using Free Solar Energy
A solar attic fan is a simple way to add a motorized venting system to your home without needing any extra electrical wiring or structural changes. Natural Light Solar Attic Fans are manufactured using high-impact photovoltaic solar panels to power the fan for free all during the day. The units are fully operation right out of the box and install in less than an hour. Natural Light Solar Attic Fans are available in 3 model sizes to accommodate any attic space – 10, 20 or 30 watts. They are also available in 3 mounting types: roof, curb or gable.
Pool Solar Equipment By SunMiser
The Sensible Solar Advantage
Solar energy is free, there are no fuel costs. The system is virtually maintenance free and is covered with a non-prorated, 10-year panel warranty including freeze protection. You will simply enjoy the benefits of a heated pool, free from ongoing expense.
More Swimming Enjoyment
Your SunMiser solar heated pool offers your family more swimming enjoyment. Your swim season begins earlier in the spring and extends later into the fall.
Greater Pool & Pproperty Value
A heated pool is more valuable than one that is not, consequently your pool and property features are enhanced along with their actual value.
Your SunMiser solar system uses no fossil fuels, produces no waste and is a naturally heated, environmentally safe product.
Using The Power Of The Sun To Heat Your Pool
- Using your existing pool pump, pool water is directed through a series of valves to your solar collectors.
- Pool water enters the solar collectors at the bottom and rises to the top through the individual tubes of the collector.
- As the water rises through the collector it is heated by the sun’s radiant energy.
- The water is then returned to the pool to repeat the cycle until your pool has been warmed by the sun.